Clergy & Community Organizer
The Labor-Religion Coalition of New York State seeks a talented organizer who is passionate about economic justice, the communities of New York State, and the powerful connection between faith and social action. Position based in the Capital District with frequent travel throughout NYS.
- Experience working with communities of faith and appreciation of differences across religious traditions.
- Bachelor’s degree. Post-graduate degree desired (MDiv et. al.) but not required.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly in small organizational setting.
- Congregation- or faith-based community organizing experience.
- Excellent written communication, public speaking, and meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new systems and applications required.
- Strong political analysis and commitment to resisting all forms of oppression.
- Focus on personal-professional growth, eager to learn new skills and take on challenging projects.
- Ability to travel as needed. Vehicle required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop a base of faith leaders throughout New York State to take action on issues of economic justice.
- Identify, cultivate, and sustain a statewide network of core leaders.
- Develop and implement campaign strategy to include: turning out for rallies and actions, letter-writing, arranging and accompanying visits with electeds, e-advocacy, petition drives, etc.
- Work with allied organizations to develop shared campaign goals, plans and strategies.
- Produce written content including e-mail blasts, speaker scripts, liturgy, bulletin inserts, etc.
- Maintain constituent database.
- Other duties as assigned.
Full-time. Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Full benefits package. Part-time and/or partial remote work arrangement negotiable for the right candidate.
By April 15th, Send resume and cover letter to Sara Niccoli firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Organizer Application.