In two days, the nationwide Fight for $15 will have its biggest day yet. On April 15, low-wage workers and thousands of supporters will rally in over 200 cities around the country, calling for $15 an hour and union rights. As people of faith, we're joining this movement because we believe that all workers deserve the dignity of a living wage and respect in their workplace. Here are 5 ways that you can be part of the Fight for $15 this Wednesday:
- Join us at one of the actions across New York! Workers and their supporters are rallying all over the state, in Albany, Poughkeepsie, New York City, Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, and Binghamton. See the full list and get details here.
- Amplify the day's events on social media. Share and retweet information about the rallies throughout the day. You can follow us at @faithfairny and the larger movement at @FightFor15 and #FightFor15.
- Talk about the movement in your faith community. You can help raise awareness of the Fight for 15 by sharing your support with your faith community - whether in times of prayer, sermons, educational programs, or simply through conversations with friends. If you'd like a worker or organizer to come speak to your congregation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write a letter to the editor. Send a brief letter to your local paper sharing why your faith leads you to support higher pay and the right to organize for low-wage workers. If you need help getting started, contact email@example.com.
- Pray! Around the country thousands of workers, organizers and community leaders are pouring their hearts, minds and spirits into this fight. Pray for the safety and well-being of all who participate in rallies on Wednesday, and continue to pray for all who will continue this work in the weeks and months ahead.